“It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; it’s the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.” ~ David Allan Coe
Helical Concepts Incorporated, or HCI, knows a thing or two about foundations. For 30 years, HCI has helped construction engineers build predictable and reliable commercial foundations. They’ve also helped many general contractors and geotechnical engineers solve foundation problems that seemed unsolvable during their projects.
When asked about some of the problems construction engineers face when building, HCI Vice President, Josh Lindberg, shared, “Many of the more complicated issues we see involve water on the job site. In other instances, it’s an issue of access due to trees, high wires, and any number of other obstacles that prevent the required machines from reaching the job site.”
HCI has solved many of these issues by deploying the CHANCE© Helical Piering System. This versatile foundation technology can be quickly and effectively implemented for a wide variety of applications, including:
- New Construction – Supporting a wide range of commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential applications – from new homes and high-rise structures to sound walls, communication towers, and bridges.
- Foundation Repair – Technically superior and cost-effective alternative to other remedial systems.
- Tiebacks & Walkways – Building site preparation, roadways, retaining walls, levees, dams, and revetments.
- Helical Pulldown Micropile Technology – A system for constructing a grout column around the shaft of a standard CHANCE Helical Pier Foundation System pile.
- Lighting Foundations – The CHANCE Instant Foundation® System provides resistance to lateral loads and moment loads due to wind and other load conditions.
HCI is the exclusive partner and distributor of the CHANCE© Helical Piering System for Texas and surrounding states (Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and New Mexico) and chose the system based mainly on its ease and installation speed. The screw pile foundation system generally requires no soil removal as existing soil is simply displaced.
When it comes to securing and reinforcing existing foundations, HCI utilizes the Atlas Resistance Piering System. This system has been used to restore or stabilize homes and commercial structures that required it due to foundation settling.
“When builders and contractors need it done quickly and effectively, they call us,” said Lindberg. “Concrete piers are expensive and time-consuming. We offer a much more predictable and reliable piering solution with our product.”
In addition to the products themselves, HCI offers clients engineering and field support.
If you’re struggling with a foundation issue on your build, reach out to HCI and receive a preliminary design estimate at no cost.