SEAoT Members in good standing may post resumes to this website (free of charge) for ninety days. Click here to post a resume. Note that all resumes will be formatted and approved for content before being made visible on the website. Non members wishing to post resumes must first join the Association.
Companies may post job openings on both our website and State Journal. Start listing today!
Current Job Listings
Structural Engineer - Okkem Design
Why Work Here?
- Okkem Design combines sound engineering judgment and thoughtful design practices in order to help bring ideas to life.
- Our firm believes in workplace transparency, flat organizational structures, uncapped profit sharing, and a healthy work-life balance.
- We only require 30 hours of billable work per week from our employees.
- We are a fully virtual firm, headquartered in Austin, TX. We have no office, but you may occasionally be required to visit and inspect construction sites throughout Austin and surrounding areas.
- We value creative ideas and encourage all employees to participate in and contribute to the growth and development of the company.
- Design structural components and connections for large and small-scale residential and commercial projects.
- Manage projects through completion, delegating work, keeping track of budgets, and communicating expectations to clients.
- Use Revit to create 2D design documents and 3D models for individual components and overall structural plans, according to client needs and project requirements.
- Perform structural inspections and produce reports of findings.
- Review and certify shop drawings to ensure that the proposed structure is structurally sound
- Review design drawings and generate structural design estimates.
- Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations, and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects.
- $75,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Self-determined schedule
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- We are a virtual firm.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Structural Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer license in Texas (Preferred)
Structural Engineer - HnH Engineering, Inc.
Structural Engineering position available near Fort Worth, Texas.
Prefer 2 to 5 years of experience; however, we will consider college students that would like a part-time position. Candidates should expect a variety of design work including residential, metal buildings, multi-family, commercial, etc.
HnH Engineering is a family-oriented business. We offer 2 weeks of vacation immediately and typically close the office Thanksgiving week and from Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day. We are a small firm but very efficient. From my personal experience, our industry confuses hours spent in the office with how hard of a worker you are. We value production over hours worked. If you are EFFICIENT, you do not need to be worried about pressure to work over 40 hours a week. Our engineers do provide their own drafting and we work in Revit. Revit experience will be preferred but is not a requirement.
Structural Engineer - Simpson Strong-Tie
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
- Provide technical assistance to customers, and inside and outside sales through telephone conversations, e-mails, and written documentation. (25%)
- Create content for and conduct presentations (public speaking) discussing building code provisions, including practical design using Simpson products in front of customers like engineers, architects, builders, building officials, and our sales professionals. Assist with training inside and outside sales on new products and technical literature. (20%)
- Develop content for new literature publications such as Catalogs, Technical Bulletins, Fliers & Engineering Letters that will promote the benefits of our products and explain technical content. Check and review all technical literature prior to publication. (15%)
- Participate in the development of new and innovative products, product improvements, and evaluation of new applications for existing products, including idea generation, testing, and calculations. (15%)
- Travel with outside sales to develop personal relationships with them and our customers, assist with technical support, give presentations, conduct job site calls, research/report new products/applications, and observe product installations, including after natural disasters like hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes. Our branch territory includes all or portions of 16 southeastern US states, the Caribbean, Central, and South America. (15%)
- Represent Simpson Strong-Tie at various Professional Associations and Technical Committee Meetings. (5%)
- Special projects as assigned by the Branch Engineering Manager, Engineering R&D Manager, Branch Manager, or the Vice President of Engineering. (5%)
Structural Engineer - Dudley Engineering
Role and Responsibilities
- Delegate, supervise and review analysis, design, and production work to graduate structural engineers, structural interns, and modelers.
- Be inquisitive. Questions should be well-defined and clear.
- Independently perform construction observations and inspections.
- Independently perform structural evaluations
- Communicate with clients to understand project requirements and respond to all correspondence within the time frame outlined in the Firm’s Communication Policy.
- Capable of independently reviewing own work with minimal correction caught by PM.
- Represent the firm in meetings with clients and potential clients.
- Capable of independently fulfilling roles and responsibilities of all preceding roles. (Structural Intern – Graduate Structural Engineer)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Able to demonstrate a portfolio of project experience
- PE licensed in the State of Texas (or pursuing licensure)
- Working knowledge of current industry software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, Risa3D, ETABS, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, and Actions
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) or pass SE Vertical and Lateral exams.
- Recruit other qualified structural engineers (referral bonus program)
- Programming skills in Python, VBA, and/or Dynamo.
- Publish articles in industry-affiliated magazines, websites, LinkedIn, or newsletters.
- Post to social media (LinkedIn or Instagram) highlighting projects, or accomplishments of the firm, a team member, or yourself. Add #dudleyeng and @dudleyeng to all posts.
- Speak at industry-affiliated conferences, school programs, or organizations.
- Create and maintain a podcast related to the field of structural engineering.
- Develop new software, processes, templates, etc. that will increase the productivity of the firm.
Interested? Email email@example.com to apply!
Structural Engineer - AEC
A successful candidate should be experienced in the design and engineering of complex projects, from schematic design through construction documents to construction administration. The interested engineer should be able to work collaboratively with the architect and other engineering disciplines. He or she is also expected to be able to direct design engineers and BIM modelers to serve as project engineer under the supervision of the Project Manager or Principal Engineer.
- BS in Architectural/Civil Engineering with emphasis in structural engineering.
- Licensed (Texas) or ability to be licensed within 2 years.
- 3-7 years of experience preferred, but will consider candidates with less experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of structural analysis and technical design of complex buildings.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, working overtime when necessary.
- Experienced with structural analysis software such as Risa, Etabs, and Concept.
- Experienced with Revit a plus.
- Strong appreciation for Architecture.
- Highly motivated with the desire to grow and improve.
About the Company:
Architectural Engineers Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Engineer - Structural Engineering - Walter P Moore
Qualified candidates should also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated professional who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness when meeting client and project needs, are pluses.
Clients will include architects, developers, institutions, and contractors. In addition to all the skills listed above, the qualified candidate should possess a strong “can-do” customer service attitude.
In addition to the above, the qualified candidate will have relevant experience working on design of office buildings, commercial, sports, aviation, healthcare, education, and cultural buildings with construction costs of $25 million and up.
- 8+ years experience in relevant commercial building design
- Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural
- Texas PE required
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefits packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About Walter P Moore
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 700+ professionals work across 23 U.S. offices and 6 international locations.
Apply for the job online HERE.
Senior Engineer - Structural Engineering - Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC
We are currently looking for an Engineer in either our Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, or Austin office. This individual will be responsible for:
- Performing structural computations in the design and analysis of concrete, steel, or other miscellaneous structures
- Creating analysis models and interpreting results for 2D and 3D structural frames
- Assisting with construction administrative tasks, including site visits and shop drawing review
- Understanding load paths for gravity and lateral loads and calculating applicable loads based on appropriate building codes
- Assisting with design drawings, quantities, cost estimates, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structures team
- Preparing technical studies and reports
In this position, the individual will be required to work closely with a team of Structural Engineers and/or Project Managers. A willingness to work in a team environment, following the standards we have in place is a must. A “can-do”, client-focused attitude is crucial.
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- 6 – 11 years of experience
- P.E. in Texas Required
- Experience with Revit, Rhino, or Grasshopper is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills
Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
About Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC
Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC is a Texas-based multi-discipline engineering firm with offices in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, and is certified by the State of Texas as a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB). We are an affiliate firm of Martinez Engineering, LLC and Walter P. Moore and Associates, Inc. Through our partnership with Walter P Moore, we bring together an unparalleled team of experienced engineers in structural and civil engineering. We engineer cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking solutions, which help support and shape our communities.
SEAoT membership is offered to corporations and individuals who are interested in the practice of structural engineering and its peripheral issues. SEAoT membership runs from January – December.
However, depending when you join, your membership for the first year will be prorated so that you only pay for the remainder of the year. (Those joining between October 1 and December 31, pay full membership which covers them up to the end of December of the year following the year in which they join.) There are a number of membership options.
Ask a question or contact us about conference registration.