SEAoT Members in good standing may post resumes to this website (free of charge) for ninety days. Click here to post a resume. Note that all resumes will be formatted and approved for content before being made visible on the website. Non members wishing to post resumes must first join the Association.
Companies may post job openings on both our website and State Journal. Start listing today!
Current Job Listings
Senior Engineer - Structural Engineering - Walter P Moore
Qualified candidates should also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated professional who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness when meeting client and project needs, are pluses.
Clients will include architects, developers, institutions, and contractors. In addition to all the skills listed above, the qualified candidate should possess a strong “can-do” customer service attitude.
In addition to the above, the qualified candidate will have relevant experience working on design of office buildings, commercial, sports, aviation, healthcare, education, and cultural buildings with construction costs of $25 million and up.
- 8+ years experience in relevant commercial building design
- Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural
- Texas PE required
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefits packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About Walter P Moore
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 700+ professionals work across 23 U.S. offices and 6 international locations.
Apply for the job online HERE.
Senior Engineer - Structural Engineering - Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC
We are currently looking for an Engineer in either our Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, or Austin office. This individual will be responsible for:
- Performing structural computations in the design and analysis of concrete, steel, or other miscellaneous structures
- Creating analysis models and interpreting results for 2D and 3D structural frames
- Assisting with construction administrative tasks, including site visits and shop drawing review
- Understanding load paths for gravity and lateral loads and calculating applicable loads based on appropriate building codes
- Assisting with design drawings, quantities, cost estimates, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structures team
- Preparing technical studies and reports
In this position, the individual will be required to work closely with a team of Structural Engineers and/or Project Managers. A willingness to work in a team environment, following the standards we have in place is a must. A “can-do”, client-focused attitude is crucial.
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- 6 – 11 years of experience
- P.E. in Texas Required
- Experience with Revit, Rhino, or Grasshopper is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills
Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
About Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC
Martinez Moore Engineers, LLC is a Texas-based multi-discipline engineering firm with offices in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, and is certified by the State of Texas as a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB). We are an affiliate firm of Martinez Engineering, LLC and Walter P. Moore and Associates, Inc. Through our partnership with Walter P Moore, we bring together an unparalleled team of experienced engineers in structural and civil engineering. We engineer cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking solutions, which help support and shape our communities.
Structural Engineer (Entry & Manager Levels) - Urban Structure
Urban Structure is a structural consulting firm located in Dallas and Austin with projects in more than 20 states across the country. We currently have engineering openings in our Dallas and Austin offices. Our structural engineers have extensive experience with post-tensioned and reinforced concrete, timber, and steel design methods. Project types include high-rise residential, multi-family, office, and retail buildings. Projects are located across the country in high wind and seismic regions offering engineers the full breadth of design experience. Our exponential growth over the last eleven years is credited to our engineering excellence, pragmatic approach to design, and proactive collaborative efforts. We provide a comfortable work environment that allows engineers the freedom to express new thoughts and ideas, and we reward employees with competitive salaries, bonuses, and a full range of health and savings benefits.
- B.S. and M.S. in civil engineering with an emphasis on structural engineering
- Must have passed or preparing to take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
- Maintain a GPA of 3.2 or higher in undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, and outstanding work ethic
- 2-6 years with PE licensure is preferred, but not required
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Structural Engineer - Structures
Structures is looking for a competent and committed structural engineer to help expand and support the company’s design portfolio and team. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking for a diverse, hands-on structural design experience, with an ability to grow professionally in an environment where creativity is valued. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, understands the profession of consulting engineering, and works as a key member of the design team.
Project responsibilities include the ability to use independent judgment regarding the evaluation of project data by performing analysis and calculations; works directly with engineering design team members to include other unlicensed and licensed engineers and technical staff; prepares and assembles reports and completes design documents as well as perform site observations.
- BS in Civil or Architectural Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience is mandatory. Need not apply if less.
- Concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structural design experience required
- Proficiency with Risa 3D, RAM Structural System, or similar software for analysis, design & evaluation of structures
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply by emailing Melissa Eason.
Structural Engineer - Instabuilt
InstaBuilt provides innovative housing solutions utilizing off-site construction technology. We need an inquisitive, licensed Structural Engineer who will develop structural solutions for our products. This role will coordinate with our manufacturing and installation teams, designing and planning project details in the office as well as on-site where technical advice may be needed during installation. Our housing solutions cover a broad spectrum of product types from single-family homes to multifamily and hospitality, so this will require an engineer who is willing to be flexible, hands-on, creative, and determined to provide novel solutions.
$75,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- Provide, oversee, and stamp documentation for regulatory approval.
- Collaborate with product engineers to produce design development (DD), construction documents (CD), and shop drawings required for state & local permitting. Verify that building codes are addressed at both state and local levels.
- Collaborate with the various teams to improve the efficiency of our product
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Structural Engineering
- Min 5 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer
- Active Professional Engineer’s License in the State of Texas; licensed in other states is a plus
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3L4S23R
Project Engineer - Datum Engineers
As a structural engineer at Datum, we need you to have a strong academic grounding in structural engineering, so a Master’s Degree is strongly preferred. In addition to technical skills and experience, we need you to be a good relator and communicator to help us take care of our clients and to be a great teammate internally.
- 2-7 years of experience in the design of vertical structures, including at least 5 years in the design of commercial and/or institutional buildings
- Professional licensure for structural engineering (PE or SE), or on track to become licensed
- Strong technical experience in the design of steel, concrete, and/or heavy timber structures
- Strong relational skills and a high EQ (emotional intelligence quotient)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An appreciation for architecture, a desire to be mentored and grow, and to mentor others for their benefit
SEAoT membership is offered to corporations and individuals who are interested in the practice of structural engineering and its peripheral issues. SEAoT membership runs from January – December.
However, depending when you join, your membership for the first year will be prorated so that you only pay for the remainder of the year. (Those joining between October 1 and December 31, pay full membership which covers them up to the end of December of the year following the year in which they join.) There are a number of membership options.
Ask a question or contact us about conference registration.